As 2017 comes to a close, we are excited to look back and share media pieces written by and about New Profit from this past year. We look forward to keeping the momentum going in 2018 and beyond!Thought-Leadership PIeces from the New Profit Team:
- Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR): "Solving the World’s Biggest Problems: Better Philanthropy Through Systems Change"
- The 74 Million: "Notes From the Field: If You Want Great Schools, First Work With Parents to Create ‘Actionable Demand’"
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: "How a New Breed of Nonprofit Leader Is Driving Social Change"
- Social Innovations Journal: "Four Ways to Build a Dynamic Market to Propel Social Problem Solving"
- The 74 Million: "Case Study: An ‘Education Return on Investment’ in Funding Parent Empowerment (or When Spending $1 Drives $44 in Proficiency)"
- Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR): "To Change the System, Look Outside the System"
- Fast Company: "Why John Legend Is Backing Startups Launched By These Former Inmates"
- Nation Swell: "Putting Their Prison Pasts Behind Them"
- Black Enterprise: "John Legend Funds Formerly Incarcerated Entrepreneurs through Unlocked Futures"
- Town & Country: "John Legend's Fight for Criminal Justice Reform"
- The Business Journals: "Philanthropy: Gates and Chan Zuckerberg Foundations Commit $12M to Learning Initiatives"
- EdSurge: "New Profit Dishes Out $1M to 7 Organizations in Personalized Learning Initiative"
- Education Week: "Gates, Zuckerberg Teaming Up on Personalized Learning"
- Axios: "How Mark Zuckerberg is Giving Away His Billions"
- Impact Alpha: "How Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg Are Investing Their Social-Change Billions"
- Inside Philanthropy: "What's Interesting About the Latest K-12 Move by Chan Zuckerberg"
Partners in New Profit's Education Work:
- New York Times: "Saying Goodbye After Teaching Young People to Build Confidence, and Homes"
- Education Week: "Improving Support to States to Foster Deeper Learning"
- Education Week: "What i3's Successes (and Failures) Tell Us About Implementing Federal Evidence Standards"
- EdSurge: "Can These New Colleges Help Solve Higher Education’s Equity Problem?"
The State of Philanthropy: