Tags: education, NPR, philanthropy, Poverty, social entrepreneurship, social innovation, Social Innovation News, Stanford Social Innovation Review, The Atlantic, Amplify Blog, College, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Entrepreneur, teaching, Technology, The New York Times, venture philanthropy, Vox
Tags: Black Dot, Higher Education, Hip Hop, NPR, online driven education, School Suspension, Seattle, Social Innovation News, The Atlantic, African American Entrepreneurs, Amplify Blog, Anti-Racist Curriculum, Criminal Justice Reform, Cuba, Dr. Jason Okonofua, EdSurge, Entrepreneur, Free college, GoodCall, Jobs, Stanford University, teaching, Technology
Tags: education, Juvenile Justice System, Medium, Nonprofit sector, Pay For Success, social entrepreneurship, Social Innovation News, Amplify Blog, EdSurge, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, TechCrunch, Technology, venture philanthropy
Tags: education, Juvenile Justice System, Medium, Nonprofit sector, social entrepreneurship, Social Innovation News, Amplify Blog, CSR, EdSurge, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, TechCrunch, Technology, venture philanthropy
Tags: Homework, social entrepreneurship, Social Innovation News, Amplify Blog, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, EdSurge, Entrepreneur, privacy, SOPIPA, Technology, The Huffington Post, venture philanthropy, Women Entrepreneurs
Tags: Innovate, Innovate Public Schools, Organizations, philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, social impact, social innovation, Social Innovation News, Stanford Social Innovation Review, Teach For America, Data, Deloitte, Deloitte University Press, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, NationSwell, TFA, venture philanthropy, Lean Data, U.S. Education System
Dean Bragonier, Founder and Executive Dyslexic of NoticeAblitiy, a nonprofit dedicated to creating a dyslexic-specific middle school curriculum, spent the summer swimming around Martha's Vineyard to raise funds for the nonprofit. We recently caught up with him to ask a few questions about the experience and his work as a whole. Check out the full interview below:
Tags: High School, IDEA, IEP, incarceration, Learning Difference, learning differences, Martha's Vineyard, NoticeAbility, Pan Mass Challenge, Richard Branson, The Dyslexic Advantage, Amplify Blog, Dean Bragonier, Decoding Dyslexia, Dyslexia, Dyslexic, Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship, Swimming, Vanessa Kirsch, venture philanthropy
Amazing work is being done in the New Profit community every day! Here are some recent highlights from our game changing organizations, partners, and friends.
Tags: ACF, Africa Business Fellowship, Breakfast, California, Child Nutrition Act, Christina Trampota, Elementary Schools, FoodCorps, History, Innovative Leader, K-12, KIPP, Latino Community, Leila Janah, Literature, MLT, Multilingual, Narratives, Organizations, Philanthropist, president, President Barack Obama, Rio Grande Valley, Samasource, ScholarJob, Seeds, silicon valley, St. Paul Public Schools, The Milken Institute, Accelerator Program, Administration for Children and Families, AmeriCorps, Amplify Blog, anet, AVANCE, CareMessage, College Advising Corps, College Summit, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, E4E, Edgar Gonzalez, Educators 4 Excellence, Entrepreneur, Federal, Financial Education, Four Vital Behaviors for Success and Sustainabilit, Generation, Maetzin Saenz, Michigan, New York, Read, Reading, School Lunch Program, Strive Masiyiwa, students, Technology, the African Leadership Network, The New York Times, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, venture philanthropy, vineet singal, Visa, white house, White House Town Hall on Educational Excellence fo, workforce development, YouthBuild, YouthBuild Charter School of California
Here's five social innovation links we are clicking on today:
- The Huffington Post: Tiny Homes For Homeless People Built By The Homeless Could Be Key To Getting People Off Streets "Poor residents in Greensboro may soon be getting a new lease on life, and all it will take is a little bit of elbow grease.The North Carolina city is the latest to move forward with plans to create tiny homes for some of its residents living in extreme poverty -- a growing trend communities across the country are implementing in attempts to curb homelessness, Fox 29 News reported."
- Student Voice: The Intersection of Education and Entrepreneurship A panel comprised of esteemed individuals, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, discuss education innovation and entrepreneurship.
- NBC News: Startup Turns Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences Into Good Deeds "A startup called Omaze raises money for charity by offering everyone the chance to win a VIP experience with a favorite celebrity for just $10."
- Food Tank: Food Tank and the James Beard Foundation present the 2014 Good Food Org Guide "The James Beard Foundation and Food Tank, along with a prestigious advisory group of food system experts, developed the first annual “Good Food Org Guide.” This definitive Guide highlights nonprofit organizations that are doing exemplary work in the United States in the areas of food and agriculture, nutrition and health, hunger and obesity, and food justice." Many amazing organizations are highlighted including Food Corps. New Profit is a proud funder and partner of Food Corps.
- Poughkeepsie Journal: YouthBuild Finishes Home; Congress Takes Note "Poughkeepsie's housing stock just gained two newly refurbished apartments, thanks to a bunch of young folks in a learn-by-doing program called YouthBuild. But did they expect Congress would come to town to take notice? Monday, U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-New York, came to 206 Winnikee Ave., a two-year project that got to the ribbon-cutting stage for New Directions YouthBuild Partnership. That's an Americorps program that takes young adults who are out of school and out of work and gives them support on both, teaching job skills and helping them earn a GED high school diploma." New Profit is a proud funder and partner of YouthBuild.