In this webinar, we take a deeper dive into one of the most critical systems change components – Relationships, and how to strengthen connections between your stakeholders and communities. From Staten Island, New York to Eastern Kentucky, we heard stories from the field about what’s worked (and what hasn’t) when working together across different experiences and viewpoints to reach one’s goals.
Click here to download a copy of the webinar presentation.
- Louis Bruschi, Principal I.A., I.S. 49 Berta A. Dreyfus
- Tanisha Franks, Teacher and Educational Liaison – Staten Island, United Federation of Teachers
- Scott McReynolds, Executive Director, Housing Development Alliance
- Hayling Price, Associate Director, FSG
- Gerry Roll, Executive Director, Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky
- Kim Syman, Managing Partner, New Profit
This online event was hosted on August 28, 2019 in partnership with the Collective Impact Forum, FSG, and New Profit.
Recommended Resources for this Webinar
As this webinar is going a step deeper than an introduction, it’s recommended to review one or both of the below resources as reference to the discussion.
- The Six Conditions of Systems Change: This webinar explores how one can tackle the concepts and conditions involved with systems change work.
- The Water of Systems Change: This article aims to clarify what it means to shift the conditions holding problems in place and provides an actionable model for those interested in creating systems change.
- Shifting Mental Models to Advance Systems Change: Shifting mindsets is one of the most challenging aspects to reach systems change. This webinar shares examples from the field as well as a primer on mental models.
- Unsticking Stuck Mental Models: Adventures in Systems Change: This blog post summarizes some of the key points of the Shifting Mental Models webinar, including sharing strategies on how to encourage mindset shifts.