Last year was an extraordinary year for New Profit, thanks to our amazing network of social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and other partners. Click the screen below to view a video about our "10 Highlights from 2015" or scroll down to access more detail about each of the highlighted activities.
- In November, we announced a new nonprofit capacity building partnership focused on K-12 education with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- We invested in three new organizations - Third Sector Capital Partners (New Profit Innovation Fund), and Match Education and Innovate Public Schools (Reimagine School Systems Fund).
- We welcomed two new members - Valerie Mosley and John Rice - to the New Profit Board of Directors.
- We publicly launched the Reimagine Learning Fund at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York with WME | IMG, Grammy winner John Legend, the MIT Media Lab, Understood.org, and other partners.
- Our 2015 Gathering of Leaders brought together 250 of America's most dynamic problem solvers from across sectors for dialogue and collaboration on race, equity, inclusion, and other big issues facing our country.
- America Forward, New Profit's policy arm, played a critical role in shaping the Every Student Succeeds Act, the most significant piece of education legislation signed into law in the last decade.
- America Forward also released its Presidential Briefing Book, which brings together the most dynamic problem solving ideas from social entrepreneurs across our network for the 2016 Presidential candidates.
- We expanded our groundbreaking collaboration with Deloitte to bring valuable, Fortune 500-caliber strategic and capacity building support to social entrepreneurs in our network.
- We helped seven amazing female social entrepreneurs take their work to the next level through our Accelerator Program.
- We launched a new brand and website.
Thanks again for your support and partnership! We are excited about the year ahead in 2016.