Welcome to Amplify, the new blog from the team at New Profit Inc.
This platform will allows us to share the insights we have gained from 15 years of helping to shape the field of venture philanthropy. Over that time, we have funded, advised and collaborated with dozens of social enterprises working on education reform, public health, college access, support for veterans, early childhood, workforce development and other issues that disproportionately affect low-income communities and people.
We are proud of our history of providing support social entrepreneurs and their teams to build their organizations into influential forces in social action and disrupting barriers to opportunity, changing countless lives in the process. We are working with other cutting edge, emerging organizations to do the same. Not surprisingly, we have a lot to say.
Using a mix of writing, video and interactive content, we hope to drive debate and inspire action here on Amplify. We will explore a wide range of topics, including:
- Full-scale social impact: How can we expand our efforts to deliver solutions that reach all people and communities who stand to benefit?
- Engaged philanthropy: How can new and experienced donors use venture philanthropy to add dynamism and impact to their charitable portfolios?
- Innovative social financing: What new funding models can work to support and sustain promising innovations and programs?
- Social entrepreneurship: What does it take to go from idea to program to progress?
- Leadership: How must social entrepreneurs evolve as leaders to drive full-scale social impact?
- Managing for impact: What are the secrets to creating great organizational culture, managing talent and maintaining mission?
No matter what topics we cover, this blog will only be as good as the conversation it engenders. Tell us what you’d like to see, hear and experience. Thanks in advance!